
Tomorrow is NCBD once again, and here’s what’s “On My Radar!”
Wildcard: Usagi Yojimbo: Senso #1

The only familiarity I have with Usagi Yojimbo was his breif stint in the TMNT universe, but with all of the real world problems Stan Sakai is having, I figured now would be a good time to jump on board.
5: Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1

Ok, this is kind of a cheat, since it's part of an overall larger story arc, but it is TECHNICALLY a #1 issue ;) I've been enjoying the Superman: Doomed storyline, and this new annual helps bring it toward it's conclusion, can't wait!
4: The Sixth Gun: Days of the Dead #1

I've not read any of the Sixth Gun saga yet, but I've heard nothing but great things! My buddy Chris will be happy to know that I'm gonna start reading the trades from the library. So, although I probably won't be actually reading this book next week, I am gonna pick it up once I'm up to date :)
3: Harbinger: Omegas #1

Valiant has been on fire, and Harbinger has been one of the best titles since the relaunch, so this one is a no-brainer for me! Just look at that beautiful cover, too! Harada Unhinged...bad things are coming, I can tell!
2: Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers #1

Dynamite has been, well, dynamite on the old Kirby properties, and I have been eagerly awaiting the relaunch of the Kirby-verse! I'm ready for a space epic, worthy of the King himself!
1: Terminal Hero #1

If you dig the quirky super-heroics of X-Statix and Doop, this might be the book for you! Written by Peter Milligan (the mastermind behind X-Statix and Doop), it looks to be right up his (and my) alley: a "hero" with a moral dilemma of using an illegal treatment to treat his own inoperable disease, but the side-effects are WHY it's illegal. Sounds like an awesome premise for me, and I've enjoyed Milligan's previous works, so it's definitely "on my radar."
Anything new coming out that I missed?
No comments:
Post a Comment