
With my vacation and family time, I didn't get to read a whole lot, but here’s my Top 5 (+1) books that I read for the week of 7/30/14
Honorable Mention: Red Lanterns Annual #1

Great annual, which I must say, I usually skip since they have little to do with the ongoing, but this one picks up where 33 left off, and concludes in 34. Gardner vs Atrocitus for all the marbles (or at least our "blue marble" called Earth).
5: Avengers #33

Ok, Hickman drew me back in! This trippy time-travel adventure has been brilliant!
4: Avengers World #10

The tussle between Iron Man and the "Scientist Supreme" was pretty good, and the inclusion of the "Next Avengers" have proven that in this book, ANYTHING is possible!
3: New Avengers #21

The Illuminati was ALMOST redeemed in this issue, but that last page...DAMN!!! I won't spoil it for those that haven't read it, but it was beautifully set up and executed (no pun intended) ;)
2: Justice League #32

I know that not even my list justifies this statement, but DC Comics have been pretty damn good lately, and Justice League is a shining example of that! Luthor in the League? AWESOME! The new Power Ring? Also awesome! Doom Patrol? FREAKIN' AWESOME! This book, along with Superman, have proven why Johns is one of the best in the biz!
1: Hawkeye #19

This amazing sign language issue was worth the wait! If you want something done right, you have to wait, and the quality was top-notch! Combine that with an amazing story, and you have my #1 book of the week!
What books did you enjoy this week?
No comments:
Post a Comment