Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Most Anticipated #NCBD Releases 5/21/14


Can you believe that tomorrow is #NCBD already?!? Time flies when you enjoy comics ;)
After a paltry 28 books last week, I've entered the danger zone this week with a whopping 40 books!!! Ridiculous, I know, but I love them all.  I'm gonna cheat a little again this week with my Top 5 (+1), but besides those books, I'd be remiss not to mention Batman Eternal, Futures End, Original Sin, East of West, Miracleman, Thor: God of Thunder...the list goes on, and on, and on, and on...

Wildcard: Gold Key properties Solar: Man of the Atom #2 and Magnus: Robot Fighter #3


It's my list, I can do what I want ;)  Solar #1 blew me away, and Magnus has been riveting since issue 1.  Dynamite has been doing, well, dynamite with the Gold Key properties

5: Amazing Spider-Man #2


Issue 1 was fantastic, and I expect more old-school Pete with issue 2!  Slott has become one of my favorite writers, and this title is off to a great start

4: Daredevil #3


I never thought I'd see the day that I looked forward to Daredevil more than Spidey, but Waid and Samnee have converted me!  Thanks to my buddies on Twitter (you know who you are), I finally gave DD a try...and LOVED it!  This book never disappoints!

3: Ghosted #10


Thanks to the previously aforementioned Twitter friends, Ghosted went from a book not even on my radar, to a can't miss read every month! I love the story that Williamson and Gianfelice are telling here, can't wait til tomorrow!

2: Avengers World #6


Steadily becoming my favorite Avengers title (and they are all really great), I just can't wait for this issue! Just look at that Neal Adams cover featuring none other than Hyperion, the "Superman" from the Squadron Supreme!  I really hope we see more of the Squadron Supreme soon (fingers crossed)

1: Forever Evil Finale: Forever Evil #7, Justice League #30, and Justice League of America #14


Speaking of alternate universe "Supermen," the Crime Syndicate finally gets their comeuppance with the finale to Forever Evil. I know, it's late, I won't even make a joke about it, I just want to enjoy it and see what happens to the DCU afterwards!

Well, those're my picks this week, what are you picking up tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment