Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Most Anticipated #NCBD Releases 5/7/14


Tomorrow is #NCBD again, and here's what I'm looking forward to tomorrow!
With last month having 5 Wednesdays, some of the books were more spread out. Not so this month!  Back to the normal 25+ books per week, so obviously I can't name them all (well I could, but that would be very boring for you guys!).  I will give a shout-out to All-New X-Factor, Batman Eternal, Batman/Superman, Detective Comics, Earth 2, Green Arrow...the list goes on and on!  Anyway, here's the Top 5 (+1)

Wildcard: Nailbiter #1


This is Joshua Williamson's new book about serial killers. I love Williamson's Ghosted, so I'm willing to give this book a shot!

5: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #4


I've been absolutely LOVING the Gold Key relaunches, and Pak & Colak have me anticipating every issue of Turok!  Great story, great art, what's not to like?

4: Rat Queens #6


Thanks to my twitter-family (you know who you are), I gave this book a shot, and I'm glad I did!  I look forward to every issue, but it seems like a while since the last issue, or am I crazy?

3: Moon Knight #3


One of the best new Marvel books, IMO!  Excellent writing by Ellis, and the art by Shalvey and Bellaire is ridiculously good!  Do yourself a favor and jump on this book while it's still in it's infancy!

2: Futures End #1


I was blown away by the FCBD zero issue, and with Azzarello, Giffen, Jurgens, Lemire, and Zircher on this book, I KNOW I won't be disappointed!  I've been a DC Fanboy for YEARS, and I'm stoked that Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond, if you didn't know) is joining the DCU proper.  Kinda reminiscent of what Marvel has done with Spider-Man 2099, another character I LOVE!

1: Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1


I've been going on about how much I love Miles Morales' character, but I'll do it again anyway ;)  I didn't think that I'd like anyone but Peter in the webs, but this last year and a half have proven me wrong!  Between Miles and Otto in Superior, I've warmed up to letting others be Spidey.  Now, I loved Ben Reilly too, and even though he was Spidey for awhile, he'll always be Scarlet Spider to me ;)

Well, that's my Top 5 (+1), what books are you picking up tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment