
Hello folks!
I'm starting a new feature this week, showing the books that I had originally planned to pick-up this week, but due to extenuating circumstances, was unable to get.
I know, not the best of subject matter, but a necessity nonetheless.
First off, here's my original pull for NCBD 6/4/14:

A damn fine list, am I right? Unfortunately, I can't get them all right now, so some sacrifices had to be made.
Most of the Marvel titles would have to fall to the wayside for now, but fear not, true believers, I have Marvel Unlimited! I can pick up where I left off on these titles with my subscription when they hit 6 months from now!
Safe Marvel books: Avengers World, Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man, Miracleman, Original Sin

I then turned my eye toward the non-Big 2 books (Image, Dynamite, Valiant, etc).
These cuts were a little easier, since the books just started, so I haven't become too attached to them yet. Chaos #2 and Rai #2 had to be cut by necessity, but definitely plan to go back and pick them up later (maybe when Comixology has a sale). The one exception to the would be Nailbiter. The 1st issue really hooked me, but it can still end up on The Chopping Block at some point (you never know).
Safe Indie books: Five Ghosts, Nailbiter, Quantum & Woody

Now, when it comes to DC, I have a soft spot, so I'm less willing to make cuts, but some sacrifices still had to be made. Again, as with the indie titles, I'm willing to pick them up during a digital sale or after the inevitable price drop, but just had to chop them now: Aquaman and the Others, Batwing, Justice League 3000, Swamp Thing, and The Wake.
Safe DC books: Action Comics, Batman Eternal, Earth 2, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, & The New 52: Futures End

Of course, as a digital comic reader, there is one more category to take into account when culling your pull list: digital firsts! But once again, since the only digital first I'm getting this week is the amazingly AWESOME Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet #2, there was not chance that it would be cut!
Safe Digital Firsts: Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little trip through a conflicted comic-lover's mind. It's always tough to make cuts to the pull list, and no one wants to have to put any titles on The Chopping Block!
No comments:
Post a Comment