Tuesday, July 15, 2014

#NCBD On My Radar 7/16/14


NCBD is upon us,once again, and I’m ready to tell you what's "On My Radar!"
In case you missed it, this weekly feature will focus on the newly launched series, specials, or new creative teams each week in comics.
Now, down to business!

Wildcard: Lady Zorro #1

I absolutely adored the original Dynamite "Zorro" series (mainly due to the Francavilla art, of course), and when they announced this book, it definitely caught my eye (especially this stunning cover!).  This is probably one that I'll wait for word of mouth to key me in on.

5: 100th Anniversary: X-Men #1

I've been digging the 100th Anniversary issues, and the X-Men are always a safe bet. Not familiar with the creative team, but the preview definitely made me want to know what else is going on.

4: Black Market #1

Barbiere has been on of my favorite "new" writers since "Five Ghosts" debuted, and his subsequent work has been stellar as well.  He alone put this book on my radar to begin with, but the premise sold me!  A noir super-hero sci-fi book? Sounds right up my alley!

3: Teen Titans #1

One of my favorite teams of all time, relaunched (again) in the New 52 (again), but this time, it looks GOOD!  I mean that literally, since Kenneth Rocafort is on the art, and I'm curious to see what Will Pfeifer brings to the Titans, because I loved his previous work at DC.

2: Harley Quinn Invades Comic-Con International San Diego

C'mon! It's Harley Quinn Invading SDCC! What more reason do you need to pick this one up? Oh, it also has some of the "Greatest Artists of All Time" too? Well, sign me up!

1: Robin Rises: Omega

Tomasi has been writing some of the best Batman stories of the decade over in "Batman and Robin" and the recent "Hunt for Robin" storyline was sensational!  Well, that storyline is coming to a head, beginning with this book, and I, for one, do NOT want to miss out on it!

Well, that's my weekly look at the new releases, what's on YOUR radar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment