Tuesday, July 22, 2014

#NCBD On My Radar 7/23/2014


Tomorrow is NCBD once again, and here's what’s “On My Radar!”

Wildcard: Groo vs Conan #1

On shear "wackiness factor" alone, this one is worthy of being on my radar. This is the oddest pairing since The Punisher and Archie, so I might have to get it just to see what goes down!

5: Storm #1

I normally don't give the X-Men solo titles much of a shot, but with the previews that I've seen, and Grag Pak writing it, I'm definitely intrigued by it.  Probably give this one a shot.

4: Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #1

Valiant knows how to put on an event, and Armor Hunters has been spectacular!  Now, they're adding Bloodshot into the mix, so for me, it's a must buy!

3: Transformers vs G.I. Joe #1

Seriously, this is my childhood, right here! I haven't really been keeping up with the TF or Joe since they moved over to IDW, but this cross-over has truly piqued my interest!  I think it's the retro-style art talking to me, but I MUST have this!

2: Doctor Who #1 (Tenth and Eleventh Doctor)

I kinda cheated here (it's my blog, so I can do what I want), but both of these titles are a MUST for me! I never really read the IDW Who books, but something about this relaunch has me excited! I think it's those beautiful covers AND the fact that each Doctor gets their own series.  Can't wait for these 2 books!

1: Supreme: Blue Rose #1

A mixture of the familiar with the unknown has this book firmly placed in my cross-hairs!  Warren Ellis' writing, with Tula Lotay's beautiful artwork, on one of my favorite characters (Supreme) seems like a winning combination to me!  I've wanted this book since they announced it, and it will be the first book I read tomorrow, for sure!

What new launches, new creative teams are on your radar for tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment