
Well, another week has come and gone, and here's my Top 5 (+1) books that I read for the week of 7/16/14.
Honorable Mention: Teen Titans #1

Beautiful artwork, great line-up, and an interesting first adventure. If the quality stays high, this book could easily be in the top 3 in the future!
5: Ms. Marvel #6

Even without Alphona on art, this book still looks beautiful! I love what Wilson is doing with this character! She's made Kamala Kahn one of my favorite new Marvel characters, and Kamala's interaction with Wolverine this issue was golden! The world needs more books like this one.
4: Original Sin #6

The plot thickens! Original Sin has been one of the best events in awhile from Marvel. I like how they've set up Fury as the lone defender of Earth, but what will happen next? That's why I'm really loving this series..intrigue, action, heroics, great art, and an awesome premise! Can't wait for issue 7!
3: Silver Surfer #4

C'mon, just look at that cover. Do I really need to elaborate on why I LOVED this issue? Allred + Rocket Raccoon + Silver Surfer = AMAZING! Plus, Slott is making Surfer a relatable character, which is an inherent flaw with the Surfer. I love that he knows our "pop culture" references now ;)
2: Black Market #1

The premise alone hooked me, but the execution was even better than I had imagined. Barbiere is easily one of the best "up-and-coming" writers in the industry, and with stories like this, Solar, Five Ghosts, and his recent New Avengers Annual story, I don't see him going away! I like Raymond, and I feel for him. Sick wife, deadbeat brother, dead-end job...no wonder he wants a way out! Solid 1st issue!
1: Robin Rises: Omega #1

Tomasi has been writing some of the best Batman stories in the DCU for awhile now, and his magnum opus is almost complete! Robin Rises: Omega is setting up the eventual return of Robin, but which one? Will Damian actually return from the dead? After reading this issue, and seeing Batman's conviction and determination, I'd say "HELL YES!"
What were your favorite books from last Wednesday?
No comments:
Post a Comment