
Tomorrow is NCBD once again, and I'm starting a new weekly feature called "NCBD: On My Radar."
Instead of the normal Top 5 or 10 same books each month, I thought I'd focus on some of the newly launched titles coming to us this week that are on my radar! Instead of my previous "Most Anticipated NCBD Releases" feature, I'll instead have a Top 5 favorites of the week each Friday/Saturday (depending on when I get a chance to read everything).
Hope you enjoy the new feature!
Wildcard: Spread #1

There have been many post-apocalyptic books recently, but there's something about this premise that intrigues me. Maybe it's the Lone Wolf and Cub vibe I'm getting, but it's definitely on my radar!
5: 100th Anniversary: Spider-Man #1

The Fantastic Four 100th Anniversary was a surprisingly good read, and with a Venom-Kingpin on the cover, you can't go wrong here! Spidey is one of my favorites & Sean Ryan is one of my favorite writers! Great combination if you ask me!
4: Original Sin: Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1

Yes, I know, it's technically Original Sin #5.1, but it's the 1st issue of this particular storyline. They even put #1 on the top, look. See, it counts ;) There have been a lot of people up in arms about shoe-horning Angela into Asgardian history, but I have faith in Aaron and Ewing to do it justice!
3: New Suicide Squad #1

There's that Sean Ryan again! I enjoyed the last arc of the "old" Suicide Squad, and I'm intrigued as to what they do with Waller in the new regime! Bonus: Now with 100% more Joker's Daughter!
2: Grayson #1

I've been a big fan of Dick Grayson throughout his hero career. From pixie boots to the cape and cowl, I've enjoyed every iteration, but there's something AWESOME about Dick using his training from Batman to become a super-spy! I'm down to see where this goes, and I'm hoping that it opens up even more of the DCU and the return of other characters (like his partner, Helena Bertinelli).
1: Spider-Man 2099 #1

If you didn't know that this was at the top of the list, you don't follow me enough ;). I loved the old series, and REALLY loved his re-emergence in Superior Spider-Man, so it's a no-brainer that this book was squarely on my radar!
Any new titles starting tomorrow that are on YOUR radar?
No comments:
Post a Comment